Thursday 5 May 2016

Gooseberry Package design (when in doubt look around)






Ok, so it took me a while to find out what amla leaf looks like. I am not going to show all the Amla(Gooseberry) leaf I had to search. Thankfully there is Google and a Botanist in my office! Make use of everything you got when you got them.

So after quite a long search, I got the image. I copied the image from the internet, and traced it in Illustrator. I had to do some fine tuning to the image and this is how it ended up looking. Well lots of work still to be done.
I ended up coloring the image with the colors I thought were close to the actual image. I was planning to design a grungy looking image. I felt it looked as grungy as I wanted it to look like. Still more work to do guys.

I had to trace out the leaves from the actual image. Now it is time for the Amla(Gooseberry).

For, those who have Wacom tablets to work on good for you. But, I forgot to bring my Wacom from my home. So i had to use the mouse to do the coloring. I turned out pretty good I thought.

Now it is time to place the image on the packaging, to see how the final output would look like. Well, if this hadn't worked out, I would have to design the Amla all over again. Maybe less grungy. But, tha
Now begins the process of placing the image on the packaging and finding out the exact position for it. A position that suits it.
Let us place background in the packaging, so that we can write the content on it, shall we. 










 Finding the right font for packaging is so difficult sometimes. I used to be web designer, doing designs online is different than package designing. I am still in the process of learning the write kind of font for packaging. I think here the font worked out well. It is bold and still suites the image. Mostly because the the roundness of the font matches the blunt edges of the images drawn. There is a hidden uniformity which works out for the design. 
When choosing font we can get inspired by the images the font is going to be placed with. Getting ideas from the surrounding gives us a better picture of what the output should look like.


Placing the similar object(Gooseberry) with the packaging, gives the vector image some sort of reality, plus it reduces the burden on the designer to search of something else which matches the packaging.
When in doubt look around, the answer would be in the surrounding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment