Wednesday 4 May 2016

logo design


So I was asked to redesign a logo. I knew about the company and the work that they were doing. Those things are important while designing the logo. We must first understand the client and find out what their company is all about. Their like and dislikes and all thing that matters are important to know.



This is how it started. I first drew the design for logo. Since the logo had the word Genius in it, I decided to go with a light bulb and because it is an organic company, I went with designing a leaf for filament.


Before going into designing I wanted to check out some actual bulb designs.



I came up with these two designs. Turns out the client just wanted leaves. And also green. Well so, I had to scratch the entire idea, and start with a new design. We designers have to do this so often that rejection just becomes a part of life.


I thought of adding the "g" word into the logo with a leaf in it. A bit of negative space designing for you all. But then again the leaf was not prominent enough. Scratch and continue.

Now this is where I realised what the client actually needed. 

The process became easy after this. 


And finally,
this became the final logo that go selected. 

And this was the mock-up image to show how any product with this logo on it will look like.

I placed the logo on the capsule bottles, These bottles were not designed by me 

And, this is another mock-up depicting the logo in all white.

No comments:

Post a Comment